Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sweet!

sitting looking at the computer screen for too long can bring out the boredom in the best of us… …and sometimes when I am craving a bit more sweetness and excitement in the moments of my life, I notice that my taste buds are also crying out for something sweet and exciting … so the other night, knowing I had no ice cream, cookies, or other tasty pre-made desserts in my kitchen, I opened up the cupboard door to see what I did have. I usually do not get surprised by what I find in my cupboards and fridge; I live alone so my pantry inventory is not too much upkeep. On this rare occasion I was delighted to find a whole bar of chocolate, dark of course, and in my mind, like one of those subliminal movie concession flashes, a picture of a jar of crunchy all natural peanut butter! which I just happened to have in my fridge. Simple and some could consider elegant. Simple, yes, but elegant, no…I was envisioning spoonfuls of peanut butter on top of chunks of chocolate being devoured (and savored of course) in big bites….and that is exactly what happened, and I felt like Milton Hershey must have when he invented the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.

1 comment:

jo distaso said...

Hi Stef,

Found your blog! I love blogs and stalking blogs!
Miss you....hope to see you in the future!

Love,
Jo